Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Daily Process

One thing I should remember today is that my walk with Christ is a daily process. I have to do things everyday to grow closer to Him. I have to do my part so that God can do His. There are times that I do not feel like I am worthy of God's love and that's because I am not! I know that it is not because of anything that I can do. It is not like I could ever earn God's grace, mercy and the gift of salvation.

I love the Lord but I have difficulty at times grasping the concept of His enduring, unending, and gracious love. It is beyond anything that would logically make sense. That is because it's a spiritual thing. It has to be a very personal thing.

I just want to encourage those around me who are living their life to be acceptable in God's sight. I know sometimes it's hard, you want to do what you want to do. But continue to run the race, continue to read the Word, and continue to watch God move in your life!

An important lesson that I am meditating on this week is from the sermon at church on Sunday on faithfulness. We have to be faithful to what God has given us. Faith is a fruit of the Spirit and we as Christ followers have to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's work in us.

No comments: