Monday, July 21, 2008

Faith

Hebrews 11:1 reads: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. This is a verse that has remained in my head this weekend.

Ricky Dillard has a song with a verse that goes "You might not see it, but just believe it, with faith...you can conquer anything." I love this song it puts such a joy and a goodness in my spirit.

Faith is so important in everyday life, because there are a lot of things that we cannot actually see but that does not mean they cannot be. Just because you cannot physically see God doesn't mean He has forsaken you or that He does not exist. He is alive and He reigns in the lives of every believer. Don't let the devil discourage and make you feel like you are not worthy of God's love.

This is a concept that I struggled with for years: God's mercy. I am a very literal person so if you tell me something and it does not make sense or you can't show me specifically how it came about I may have a hard time believing it. It was hard for me to actually believe the gift of salvation was without cost to me.

Jesus paid the price. There was nothing that I could do for God to save me but to accept the gift. It's just like at Christmas, if someone gives you a gift, yeah you can say no I don't accept it but that doesn't mean the gift is gone, that just means you didn't accept it. The gift is still there under the tree for you but you have a hard time because you feel unworthy of it. You might feel, I didn't get this person a gift, so I cannot accept this gift.

Remember that you are entitled to eternal life through Christ's work on the cross. That doesn't mean you deserve it, but you are entitled to it according to God's Word. He does not want one human to be without Him, but people choose to do their own thing every day. Remember that the devil doesn't want you to accept this gift, he wants you to be without it or to prolong accepting it so that he can distract and keep you from all God has for you.

Stay focused, pursue God and His Word, and continue to watch Him work in your life this week! God bless!!

No comments: